Halloween and retailing
Each year retailers await for Halloween ad it is one of the most important celebrations of the year. Forbes magazine predicts 9.1 million dollars in revenues from sales this year, in fact Americans are predicted to spend 82 dollars in articles such as candy, costumes and decorations.
What do people and retailers do for halloween?
- Get inspired: 35% of clients search for inspiration on the internet, 18% obtains it from facebook or pinterest and 20% get information from their family or friends. Nonetheless 30% of them actually visit a store, this means that retailers still are the conduit between the client and the product, at least at this time of the year, and that is enough reason to invest in the look and feel of your store.
- Look for costumes: According to Forbes 47% of consumers will do so on stores that offer discounts, 38% in specialized stores, 25% in supermarkets, 24% in department stores and 22% will buy their costume online.
- Think about the kids: Kids are the strong field here as they are the top consumers for costumes. There will be 3.7 million superheroes, 2.9 million movie characters, 2.9 million princesses and 2.2 million animals knocking at your door for candy.
- Adults want to have fun too: Adults are also part of the equation here as 48% of American adults will decide to put on some costume.
- Time for economics: For retailers halloween is just the beginning in the increase of sales as it is followed by black friday in the US and other weeks of substancial discounts in other countries and christmas. Just in these short span of time retails make 20% of their annual sales.
- It's all about the looks: The effort retailers make to transform their shop into a halloween dream transcends limits as we all have to remember that love comes at first sight and visual marketing will be a key tool during this season and final months of the year. The efforts go form the previews we get in august and september to intricate montages that call the client into the store. But sometimes reality just isn't enough and this is where technology will play an important role as you can send push-notifications that jumpscare your clients or send them to a webpage to get messages form beyond the grave; all of these trough a simple tool: wi-fi.
So you better get to experiment with new tools such as wi-fi to reach more clients in an effective and unique way.