How to lose a customer in 10 days?
If you put into practice one of these points every single day, you will start losing retail visits. Your customers are already receiving a lot of stimulation through out the day, every company is competing for clients so what can you do to stand out form your competition and make your client stick with you?
Here are the 10 mistakes you cannot afford to make:
- Over showing. Remember that making a customer stay is a process in order for it to be loyal and effective, you must be subtle but constant. Show your customer only what he wants and what he needs to know about your business. Just the right amount of information so that you leave him wanting more.
- Stalking. Observe your customer to know what he wants and needs, once you have a clear strategy send your message. Never do this before, do not act but do react to his behavior.
- Under pressure. Who likes to receive daily e-mails about something you don’t care about? The answer is simple: no one; so just insist in sending information that you know your client wants or is interested about.
- Not paying attention. On the other hand, if you’re not interested in knowing and understanding your client you must have never thought about a strategy based on loyalty.
- Making your clients uncomfortable. Make suggestions with subtlety, respecting your customer’s decisions in order not to make hum feel like he’s in the wrong. Listen to your clients and their reasons to make certain choices.
- Lacking professionalism. Create strategies and keep your promises, if you do this half way you will lose credibility.
- Pride. We all think we know it all, understand it all but by doing this we are only closing the door on new possibilities and opportunities. Open your mind to new ideas.
- Being impersonal. Nowadays technology allows you to understand your customers as individuals, there’s no need to overflow them with information that they don’t need.
- Rejecting your market. When you discover new markets that you did not expect, understand them and allow yourself to know more about them and how can you work with them.
- Not changing. Remember that, what doesn’t change is destined to disappear. Use technological tools to apply your sale’s and loyalty strategies. Be creative and think of what makes you unique.
Nowadays digital solutions allow you to deal with all of these problems. Retailers confront this new era in which quality of service condenses itself in only one channel.